Firefox is most popular
browser in the World, used by millions of people. It offers great
security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and
it can also easily block pop-up windows. The latest version is highly
customizable, supports add-ons and extensions, and each browser profile
can be configured with different settings.
- The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.
- Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
- Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.
- Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.
Firefox 25 Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
- 512MB of RAM
- 200MB of hard drive space
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Mac OS X 10.7
- Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 200 MB hard drive space
Software RequirementsPlease note that Linux distributors may provide packages for your distribution which have different requirements.
- Firefox will not run at all without the following libraries or packages:
- GTK+ 2.18 or higher
- GLib 2.22 or higher
- Pango 1.14 or higher
- X.Org 1.0 or higher (1.7 or higher is recommended)
- libstdc++ 4.3 or higher
- For optimal functionality, we recommend the following libraries or packages:
- NetworkManager 0.7 or higher
- DBus 1.0 or higher
- HAL 0.5.8 or higher
- GNOME 2.16 or higher
What's New in Firefox 25 ?
Web Audio support
The find bar is no longer shared between tabs
If away from Firefox for months, you now will be offered the option to reset it to its default state while preserving your essential information
Resetting Firefox no longer clears your browsing session
CSS3 background-attachment:local support to control background scrolling
Many new ES6 functions implemented
iframe document content can now be specified inline
Blank or missing page thumbnails when opening a new tab
Security fixes can be found here