Microsoft memperkenalkan tokoh baru yang dihadirkannya di layanan
Internet Explorer (IE). Ya, raksasa piranti lunak itu mengejutkan banyak
pihak dalam Anime Festival Asia (AFA) 2013 saat meluncurkan
personifikasi anime di IE 11 yang diberi nama Inori Aizawa.
Siapapun yang melihat tokoh perempuan dengan mengenakan rok pendek ini tentu mencium aroma khas Asia. Namun, cukup menarik ketika Aizawa hadir dengan logo Windows yang mengitarinya.
Rupanya, sebagaimana dilansir Stuff, Jumat (8/11/2013) Microsoft memang bekerja sama dengan CACANi Animation dari Nanyang Technological University di Singapura dalam membuat tokoh personifikasi anime tersebut. Tetapi, tokoh kartun ini tidak akan hadir di IE biasa.
Sebab, informasi terbaru mengungkapkan bahwa maskot itu hanya akan tersedia di IE 11 yang bisa diunduh dari InternetExplorerTan.com sejak Kamis 7 November lalu. Bisa jadi, ini merupakan salah satu langkah yang diambil Microsoft untuk menarik minat konsumen yang banyak memilih mengakses internet dari Firefox dan Google Chrome (okezone)
What's New On Internet Explorer 11 RTM ?
Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 8.1 let users, developers, and IT professionals experience the state-of-the-art immersive and desktop browsers, enabling the creation and use of next generation web apps, games, and media. Internet Explorer 11 continues our vision of allowing users to experience the web in a fast, fluid and seamless way that is perfect for touch. New and updated features include:
- Faster web browsing. Allows network requests to prioritize content, connecting users to information faster than ever before. Plus, with the new SPDY/3 support, Internet Explorer 11 Preview can provide faster and more efficient browsing, even over slow networks.
- Fast and fluid navigation. Back swipe feels instant with smarter web page caching, and with prefetch and prerender, many forward navigations (like getting to search results) feel instant as well.
- Rich, hyper-fast 2D and 3D experiences. Supports the emerging Web Graphics Library (WebGL) standards, lighting up games and other interactive content, while still maintaining security, reliability, and performance. In addition, the interactive content in Internet Explorer 11 is now hardware-accelerated for DirectX 9 and later, including a software fallback option.
- Great on all your screens, large and small. Supports gyroscope input and display orientation lock, making Internet Explorer 11 great for tablets. And, with side-by-side browsing, multi-monitor support, and high pixels per inch (PPI) scaling, Internet Explorer 11 is also great for large screens.
- Improved compatibility. Internet Explorer 11 improves compatibility with web standards, other browsers, and real-world websites. There's updated support for popular web standards and changes that prevent older websites from displaying incorrectly.
Features for usersInternet Explorer 11 lets users interact with the next generation of web apps, games, and media, through these key features:
- Perfect for touch. Includes enhanced support for consumers using touch-based devices, including touch-based drag-and-drop, hover, and active link highlighting. Grouping together the navigation and tabs provides better control, with support for up to 100 open tabs per window.
- Pinned sites. Enhances pinned sites to support Live Tiles, letting your content update dynamically and creating a more personalized Startscreen. Using Live Tiles with Internet Explorer 11 blurs the line, creating an active and seamless experience between apps and web apps.
- Seamless integration. Internet Explorer 11 seamlessly integrates with Windows 8.1, enabling new ways to experience websites, including being able to use the Search charm to accelerate web searches.
- Syncing across devices. Syncs your open Internet Explorer 11 tabs across multiple devices, so that when you open Internet Explorer on another device, you see the same tabs. You also have the option to sync your browsing history and typed URLs, favorites/bookmarks, user-configured settings, and passwords.
- Click to call. Automatically changes phone numbers into clickable links for apps that work with phone numbers, such as Skype.
Features for IT professionalsInternet Explorer 11 supports the needs of enterprises, helping to reduce deployment, management, and support costs, through these key features:
- Enhanced Protected Mode (EPM) and AppContainer turned on by default. Prevents pages from reading or writing to the protected parts of the operating system in both the immersive and desktop environments. For more information, see Enhanced Protected Mode (EPM) on desktop IE.
- Adobe Flash included in the platform. Adobe Flash is available out-of-the-box for Windows 8.1 Preview. It can run on both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer for the desktop, with management happening through Automatic Updates and Group Policy, so you can use one update mechanism for all of Internet Explorer.
- New Group Policy settings.
Introduces these new Group Policy settings, while still supporting all
of the previous Group Policy settings back to Internet Explorer 9.
- Turn off Page Prediction
- Turn on the swiping motion for Internet Explorer for the desktop
- Allow Microsoft services to provide more relevant and personalized search results
- Turn off phone number detection
- Allow Internet Explorer to use the SPDY/3 network protocol
- Do Not Track (DNT) exceptions. Enhances user privacy by not allowing websites to track users, by default. Internet Explorer 11 lets websites ask for an exception from the user based on the DNT exceptions API, which if granted, creates an exception that allows headers to be sent to the website to allow tracking. This relationship allows users to develop a trusted relationship with the site, regarding privacy.
Features for developersInternet Explorer 11 is optimized to support all of the popular web standards, to offer premier security, and to provide new and updated developer tools that'll help you code across browsers and web-based apps, using these key features:
- Modern web standards. Internet Explorer 11 supports more web-based standards than ever before, including:
- Canvas 2D L2 extensions
- Full screen API
- Encrypted media extensions
- Media source extensions
- CSS flexible box layout module
- Mutation observers like DOM4 and 5.3
- New F12 Developer Tools. These tools have all been completely rebuilt. You can use them to debug code, solve display issues, improve performance, and increase the stability of your webpages. All of the tools have a cleaner user interface, improved functionality, and an easier and faster overall workflow, including the new Responsiveness, Memory, and Emulation tools.
- Perfect for touch. Internet Explorer 11 introduces the msZoomTo method for animated scrolling effects, even more finely-tuned controls for panning and zooming on sites or in Windows Store apps, and several updates to Pointer Events.
- Improved HTML5 video. Internet Explorer 11 also takes HTML5 video to new levels with support for new and emerging standards-based features in the areas of adaptive streaming, content protection, and captioning.