Skype is a software that lets you make free calls to
other Skype users, no matter where in the World they are. The audio
quality is great, and your communication is secure. As long as you and
your friend have webcams, you can make video calls as well.
- Free video calling makes it easy to be together, even when you're not. Now with group video.
- Call people on their phones at the best rates from 1.9c/min2 or even cheaper with a subscription.
- Quick question or a friendly catch up, type and chat whenever you need to.
- Manage Skype for everyone at work.
- Get online and pay as you go with Skype Credit through WiFi providers at over 1 million hotspots with Skype WiFi.
- Keep in touch with all your contacts: now you can chat and video call your Facebook friends directly from Skype.
- Call phones, send text messages, access Skype WiFi and more when you buy accessories for Skype.
|Windows XP | 7 | 8 | 8.1 | Server 2003 | 2008 + 64bit|
- New Toolbar: Re-designed top toolbar to bring together main actions in one place. Skype users will now have central access to Home, Calling Phones, Creating Groups and Adding Contacts all just above their contact list and recent conversations.
- eGifting: Skype user can now send a gift of credit to anyone they care about on their.
Call any phone. When you want to call someone on their mobile or landline from Outlook, Skype will initiate the call for you. You can call anyone as long as you have their contact information in Outlook, but you don't need to be friends on Skype. You can use your existing Skype credit or subscription to reach them.
Stay in touch with your Skype contacts. When you want to contact anyone in your Outlook contact list who is already on Skype, you can instant message, audio or video call them. To do so they need to be in your Skype contacts list to reach them.
This feature works with Outlook 2010 or higher and enables you to connect over Skype when email details match.
Besides the Skype integration with Outlook, here's some additional improvements in Skype 6.1 for Windows that you might want to know about.
Add a new contact. We have made adding a contact easier than ever. You can now add someone by searching for them directly out of your contacts list. If they're not in your contact list yet, results will come up so you can add them in 2 clicks.
New profile with more accessible account information. Finally, we have updated the account information area to make it easier to navigate around your account data.