Firefox is most popular
browser in the World, used by millions of people. It offers great
security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and
it can also easily block pop-up windows. The latest version is highly
customizable, supports add-ons and extensions, and each browser profile
can be configured with different settings.
- The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.
- Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
- Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.
- Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.
Firefox 26 Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
- 512MB of RAM
- 200MB of hard drive space
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Mac OS X 10.7
- Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 200 MB hard drive space
Software RequirementsPlease note that Linux distributors may provide packages for your distribution which have different requirements.
- Firefox will not run at all without the following libraries or packages:
- GTK+ 2.18 or higher
- GLib 2.22 or higher
- Pango 1.14 or higher
- X.Org 1.0 or higher (1.7 or higher is recommended)
- libstdc++ 4.3 or higher
- For optimal functionality, we recommend the following libraries or packages:
- NetworkManager 0.7 or higher
- DBus 1.0 or higher
- HAL 0.5.8 or higher
- GNOME 2.16 or higher
What's New in Firefox 26 ?
What’s New ?
All plug-ins, with the exception of recent Flash plug-ins, are defaulted to 'click to play'
Password manager now supports script-generated password fields
Updates can now be performed by Windows users without write permissions to Firefox install directory (requires Mozilla Maintenance Service)
Support for H.264 on Linux if the appropriate gstreamer plug-ins are installed
Support for MP3 decoding on Windows XP, completing MP3 support across Windows OS versions
CSP implementation now supports multiple policies, including the case of both an enforced and Report-Only policy, per the spec
Social API now supports Social Bookmarking for multiple providers through its SocialMarks functionality (see MDN docs)
There is no longer a prompt when websites use appcache
Support for the CSS image orientation property
New App Manager allows you to deploy and debug HTML5 webapps on Firefox OS phones and the Firefox OS Simulator
IndexedDB can now be used as a "optimistic" storage area so it doesn't require any prompts and data is stored in a pool with LRU eviction policy, in short temporary storage
When displaying a standalone image, Firefox matches the EXIF orientation information contained within the JPEG image (298619)
Improved page load times due to no longer decoding images that aren't visible (847223)
AudioToolbox MP3 backend for OSX (914479)
Update changelog soon
ALSO Download SpeedyFox (Database Optimizer)