Firefox is most popular
browser in the World, used by millions of people. It offers great
security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and
it can also easily block pop-up windows. The latest version is highly
customizable, supports add-ons and extensions, and each browser profile
can be configured with different settings.
- The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.
- Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
- Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.
- Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.
Firefox 27 Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
- 512MB of RAM
- 200MB of hard drive space
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Mac OS X 10.7
- Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 200 MB hard drive space
Software RequirementsPlease note that Linux distributors may provide packages for your distribution which have different requirements.
- Firefox will not run at all without the following libraries or packages:
- GTK+ 2.18 or higher
- GLib 2.22 or higher
- Pango 1.14 or higher
- X.Org 1.0 or higher (1.7 or higher is recommended)
- libstdc++ 4.3 or higher
- For optimal functionality, we recommend the following libraries or packages:
- NetworkManager 0.7 or higher
- DBus 1.0 or higher
- HAL 0.5.8 or higher
- GNOME 2.16 or higher
What's New in Firefox 27 Final Version ?
You can now run more than one service at a time with Firefox SocialAPI, allowing you to receive notifications, chat and more from multiple integrated services
Added support for SPDY 3.1 protocol
Ability to reset style sheets using 'all:unset'
Added support for scrolled fieldsets (see 261037)
Implemented allow-popups directive for iframe sandbox, enabling increased security (see 766282)
CSS cursor keywords -moz-grab and -moz-grabbing have been unprefixed (see 880672)
Added support for ES6 generators in SpiderMonkey (see blog post)
Implemented support for mathematical function Math.hypot() in ES6 (see 896264)
Dashed line support on Canvas (see 768067)
Get Azure/Skia content rendering working on Linux (see 740200)
27.0: Security fixes can be found here
crash in gfxContext::PushClipsToDT with Direct2D 1.1 (d3d11.dll 6.2 or 6.3) (see 805406)
Moving Firefox to background while playing a flash video in full screen mode and bring it back to view will freeze the app (see 809055)
Text Rendering Issues on Windows 7 with Platform Update KB2670838 (MSIE 10 Prerequisite) or on Windows 8.1 has a workaround (see 812695)
Update changelog soon
ALSO Download SpeedyFox (Database Optimizer)