Nokia Software Recovery Tool can help you to reset
and recover your phone software at home, if your phone is experiencing
software related or software update problems. With Windows Phone 8
models, you can also use Nokia Software Recovery Tool to recover your
phone in case your phone is not responding, it appears to be stuck, or
it is not starting.
Prerequisites for your computer (PC):
- Microsoft Windows 7 or newer.
- USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Minimum 3 GB free storage space.
- Lumia phones
- Asha and Series 40 phones that have USB interface
- Symbian phones
Step 2. Start Nokia Software Recovery Tool, and connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable. If prompted, select the correct USB mode on your phone: Nokia Suite or Modem.
- Note! Using Nokia Software Recovery Tool erases all personal content on your phone. If possible, create a backup of your phone’s content before starting the installation.
Step 3. Follow the instructions shown on the tool. The latest version of your phone software will be installed, and your phone will restored back to the factory settings. This process may take some time depending on your internet connection, and you cannot use your phone during the installation.
If your phone is not starting or appears to be stuck, you can also recover your phone with “My phone does not start up or respond option” (only available for Windows Phone 8 models).