Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Google
Chrome comes with a full range of competitive features, and is among
the most standards-compliant and fastest browsers available. Chrome's
minimalist interface, fast page-load times, and support for extensions
make the browser appealing to the average user as well as to Google
- Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast .
- Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple.Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish quickly and easily.
- Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more.
- Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more.
What's New On Google Chrome 40 Final ?
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 62 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.
[$5000] High CVE-2014-7923: Memory corruption in ICU. Credit to yangdingning.
[$4500] High CVE-2014-7924: Use-after-free in IndexedDB. Credit to Collin Payne.
[$4000] High CVE-2014-7925: Use-after-free in WebAudio. Credit to mark.buer.
[$4000] High CVE-2014-7926: Memory corruption in ICU. Credit to yangdingning.
[$3500] High CVE-2014-7927: Memory corruption in V8. Credit to Christian Holler.
[$3500] High CVE-2014-7928: Memory corruption in V8. Credit to Christian Holler.
[$3000] High CVE-2014-7930: Use-after-free in DOM. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
[$3000] High CVE-2014-7931: Memory corruption in V8. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
[$2000] High CVE-2014-7929: Use-after-free in DOM. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
[$2000] High CVE-2014-7932: Use-after-free in DOM. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
[$2000] High CVE-2014-7933: Use-after-free in FFmpeg. Credit to aohelin.
[$2000] High CVE-2014-7934: Use-after-free in DOM. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
[$2000] High CVE-2014-7935: Use-after-free in Speech. Credit to Khalil Zhani.
[$1500] High CVE-2014-7936: Use-after-free in Views. Credit to Christoph Diehl.
[$1500] High CVE-2014-7937: Use-after-free in FFmpeg. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
[$1000] High CVE-2014-7938: Memory corruption in Fonts. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
[$1000] High CVE-2014-7939: Same-origin-bypass in V8. Credit to Takeshi Terada.
[$1000] Medium CVE-2014-7940: Uninitialized-value in ICU. Credit to miaubiz.
[$1000] Medium CVE-2014-7941: Out-of-bounds read in UI. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG and Christoph Diehl.
[$1000] Medium CVE-2014-7942: Uninitialized-value in Fonts. Credit to miaubiz.
[$1000] Medium CVE-2014-7943: Out-of-bounds read in Skia. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
[$1000] Medium CVE-2014-7944: Out-of-bounds read in PDFium. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
[$1000] Medium CVE-2014-7945: Out-of-bounds read in PDFium. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
[$1000] Medium CVE-2014-7946: Out-of-bounds read in Fonts. Credit to miaubiz.
[$500] Medium CVE-2014-7947: Out-of-bounds read in PDFium. Credit to fuzztercluck.
[$500] Medium CVE-2014-7948: Caching error in AppCache. Credit to jiayaoqijia.
We would also like to thank Atte Kettunen of OUSPG, Christian Holler, cloudfuzzer and Khalil Zhani for working with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel. $35000 in additional rewards were issued.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes
-  CVE-2015-1205: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
- Multiple vulnerabilities in V8 fixed at the tip of the 3.30 branch (currently 126.96.36.199).
Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.